FWH NUTRITIONAL KICKSTART
The Kickstart requires quick and easy prep work, keeping you out of the kitchen and eliminates having to make food decisions.
During the next 4 days, you are breaking the addiction your body has with processed food products high in gluten, sugar, salt and GMOs. As with any addiction, you may experience moodiness, low energy or headaches. It’s really important to ride these symptoms out in order to break your body’s reliance of the foods and ingredients that are preventing you from feeling, thinking, looking and living your best.
The Kickstart will reset your palate, brain chemistry and digestive system. You will not be hungry and you will see and feel immediate results, motivating you to stick with long-term nutritional health. It’s so simple, but I promise you, it stands up against any other diet/health trend on the market today. After 4 days, look for a decrease in inflammation and weight as well as an increase in immunity and clearer brain function. This is Phase 1.
- Space your meals approximately 2-3 hours apart, finishing by 7:00pm to help support your body’s circadian rhythm. The serving size listed is the cooked measurement.
- Eliminate all gluten, dairy, caffeine, alcohol, processed food, and refined sugars. Really.
- Low & non-starch vegetable options include: asparagus, peppers, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, celery, chard, collards, green beans, kale, spinach, zucchini. *other vegetables are okay, just not as nutrient-dense.
- Lean proteins options include: fish (salmon & white fish), fowl (white-meat chicken & turkey) soy, tempeh, lentils, eggs.
- All dry seasonings, vinegars, lemon and lime juice are permitted but NO SALT! Oats can be flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.
- If needed, use only a minimal amount of coconut oil when cooking. Experiment with cooking methods other than the stovetop (grill, broil, steam, bake).
- Consume extra-virgin coconut oil with meals by sipping directly from a teaspoon or drizzling over food. Extra-virgin coconut oil can also be found in capsule form. Among other health benefits, coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), a hard-to-find fat that’s been shown to increase energy expenditure and satiety; very useful on a reduced calorie plan.