SEMESTER SCHEDULE: August 16 – December 20. (19 Weeks)
- Yin Yoga classes are offered on a weekly basis, every Sunday evening, 7:15pm – 8:30pm. Please arrive early to prepare your mind, body and physical space for a time of relaxation and meditation. It is our intention you leave feeling restored, balanced, cared for, and better prepared for your week ahead.
- Semester Enrollment pre-registers you for all 19 Yin Yoga classes at a discounted rate of $18.50 per class. Your ‘spot’ will be automatically reserved for every class throughout the semester.
- Single Class Reservation can be made by purchasing a single, date-specific class for $20. We highly encourage advance single-class reservations as our studio capacity is limited to 12 for Yin Yoga.
- FWH members must register online due to COVID-19 class capacity limit. FWH membership rate is free.
- Walk-ins may be permitted for a $25 class fee as space allows.
- All mats and props are provided by Franklin Wheelhouse and are cleaned & disinfected thoroughly after every use. Clients are welcome to bring personal mats & props if preferred. Each class utilizes a mat, blanket, yoga blocks (2), strap, and eye pillow.
- Our Yin Yoga classes use relaxed, relatively still postures to gently stress the soft connective tissue surrounding the spine, joints and muscles. In yin, we approach modifications as the norm, not the exception. Our bodies are structurally unique by design, therefore, aesthetic alignment is not encouraged.
- Classes will also practice coherent breathing techniques and light meditation as a means of calming the mind and nervous system.
- Detoxifies, helps maintain spine integrity, hydrates tissues, prevents contracture (stiffening of joints and loss of mobility), prevents degeneration (oesteopenia and osteoporosis), relaxes joint fixation (aging, arthritis, inflammation), improves emotional regulation, supports mental health.